Wiki Loves Monuments is a photographic contest which improves the visibility of monuments and invites everyone to be a protagonist in the documentation, valorization and conservation of cultural heritage.
In Italy, Wiki Loves Monuments contributes with the involvement of volunteers and istitutions to the creation of a list of cultural goods with identification codes released under a free license, to the production of Wikipedia pages and images for Wikimedia Commons.
The italian contest has some specific regulations and its winners will partecipate as finalists in the international contest.
The rules to partecipate are the following:
- You need to have a valid e-mail address.
- You have to be the author of the pictures you upload.
- Pictures have to be uploaded during semptember (from the first of the month ‘till the 30th).
- Pictures have to be released under a CC-BY-SA license.
- The subject of the pictures has to be one of the italian monuments from the lists.
- Pictures have to contain the indentification code of the depicted monument.
- You can partecipate with as many pictures as you wish.
- There are no limitations or rules about the resolution and manipulation of the pictures.
- You can also partecipate with old pictures, but you still have to be the author of them.